Recent Press Releases
For more information or media requests, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Harlequin’s More Than Words Contest? Please consult the questions and answers below. Click here for a complete copy of the Official Rules.
1. How will nominees be selected?
- This year Harlequin authors will nominate women who are making extraordinary contributions in their communities. Author nominations for the 2016 award will be accepted between February 29, 2016, and April 22, 2016.
2. How will the top five finalists be chosen?
Five finalist submissions will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of members of Harlequin’s staff, based on the following criteria:
- Aptness/Appropriateness of content 30%
- Capacity to inspire others 35%
- Contribution to community 35%
A summary of each finalist submission will be posted on www.HarlequinMoreThanWords.com, where they will be voted on by the public between June 7, 2016, and July 8, 2016. Visitors will be allowed to vote once per day per IP address.
3. How will the three recipients be chosen?
When the Voting Phase ends on July 8, 2016, the three finalists with the highest percentage of votes will be declared the winners. Award recipients will be publicly announced on July 22, 2016
In the event of a tie the finalist who received the highest score during the Judging Phase in the Capacity to Inspire Others category will be deemed the winner. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
4. Can authors nominate more than one woman?
- No, each author can nominate only one woman. Duplicate submissions by an entrant relating to the same nominee are not eligible.
5. Does the charity associated with the nominee have to do its work in North America?
- No, the charity may work outside of North America to be the recipient of Harlequin’s $15,000 donation. However, the charity must have charitable or nonprofit status in Canada, United States or Puerto Rico.