MTW Nomination Brochure
Below is a listing of current and archived press releases related to the Harlequin More Than Words program. If you have any other questions about us contact us at: Public_Relations@Harlequin.ca
- Harlequin More Than Words: Announcement of 2013 Award Recipients
- Harlequin More Than Words: Announcement of 2012 Award Recipients
- Harlequin More Than Words: Announcement of 2011 Award Recipients
- Harlequin More Than Words: Announcement of 2010 Award Recipients
- More Than Words: Announcement of 2009 Winners
- More Than Words: Stories of Strength, February 2, 2009
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Harlequin’s More Than Words Contest? Please consult the questions and answers below. Click here for a complete copy of the Official Rules.
- 1. What is the deadline for submissions?
- Harlequin will accept nominations for the 2014 award between April 16, 2013 and August 9, 2013.
- 2. How will the five finalists be chosen?
Five finalist submissions will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of members of Harlequin’s staff, based on the following criteria:
- Aptness/Appropriateness of content 30%
- Capacity to inspire others 35%
- Contribution to community 35%
Decisions of the judges are final and binding. In selecting the finalist submissions, the judges may consider the focus and regional location of the charity associated with the nominee.
A summary of each finalist submission will be posted on www.HarlequinMoreThanWords.com where they will be voted on by the public between November 6, 2013 and November 21, 2013. Visitors will be allowed to vote once per day per IP address.
- 3. How will the three recipients be chosen?
When the Voting Phase ends on November 21, 2013, the three (3) finalist submissions with the highest percentage of votes will be declared the winning submissions.
In the event of a tie the finalist who received the highest score during the Judging Phase in the Capacity to Inspire Others category will be deemed the winner. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- 4. Can I nominate more than one woman?
- Yes, you can nominate more than one woman. However, you can nominate each woman only once. Duplicate submissions by an entrant relating to the same nominee are not eligible.
- 5. Does the charity associated with the nominee have to do its work in North America?
- No, the charity may work outside of North America to be the recipient of Harlequin’s $15,000 donation. However, the charity must have charitable or non-profit status in Canada, United States or Puerto Rico.
- 6. Where do the proceeds from the sale of Harlequin More Than Words book go?
- The net proceeds from the sale of the book are reinvested in the Harlequin More Than Words program in support of worthy causes of concern to Harlequin’s readers, authors and employees.
- 7. Do the authors earn royalties on these stories?
- No. The authors who contribute to the More Than Words book donate their time, energy and talent to support the Harlequin More Than Words program. They have each received a small honorarium for their hard work, but have all generously decided that any royalties be reinvested in Harlequin’s charitable activities.